Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! (2 person Minimum).
- HOW TO BOOK AND CONFIRM.- Choose your preferred departure date on the Calendar (Leaving Dates) then fill it out with your details and all the requested, (down below in Notes write if you prefer a tour with a english speaking guide) you can book for 2 or more person just complete details on traveling with: then you will receive a reservation code (Purchase Number) to pay online with Visa or MC on Step 3. Add 5% card fee for your payment online. Write us the name and address of your hotel for your pick-up at 8:45 am the date of your tour.
- Entrance Ticket is required to see the ruins of Tambomachay, Saqsawaman, Qenqo and Puca Pucara in this horse back riding tour (70 Soles per person, 40 Soles with ISIC student card, not included in the cost of this tour). You can pay directly to the controlers in Soles.
- Transport return back to town is not included,(you can stay longer in Saqsawaman Inca site or other ruins then walk down directly to Cusco (15 .20 minutes walk down to town).
- Taxi for Saqsawaman to Cusco 10- 15 Soles. (not inlcuded).
FIRST GROUP at 09.00 am SECOND GROUP at 12:00 pm The landscapes between Yuncaypata valley near Tambomachay Inca Complex and Saqsaywaman are spectacular and offer amazing views of the mountains toward the sacred valley region crossing the old Inca road to Pucamarca and Huchuy-Qosqo. Deep Andean valleys as well as the 4 famous arquelogical sites of this region Puca-pucara,Tambomachay, Qenqo and Saqsaywaman once used as a great "House of the Sun" temple, before the arriving of the conquistadors.
Temple of the moon and the monkeys cave are on route.
From this area as well you can see the majestic Ausangate snow mountain looking toward the south.
At 8.50 am meet at SAS office. We take private transport to the Ranch near Qenko and get set up with our horses and meet the horseman who will walk with you through the extent of the trek until Saqsayhuaman. Departing from the ranch takes you to the ruins of Qenko. You will get a wonderful view of the ruins, but if you would like a closer inspection, then you need the tourist ticket. The horseman will mind the horses while you explore. After passing those ruins you will follow a small dirt path, alongside a road, up to the next site, Puca Pucara, which transelates to “The Red Gate”, and is called that because it was used as the controlled entrance to the city of Cusco in the days of the Incas. You will pass just by the ruins as you are on your way to Tambomachay, which was something of an Inca “bath house”, and was also used for the worship of water. Then you will begin your return , passing through a eucalyptus forest on the way. Finally, before you reach the ranch, you will pass by the famous Inca temple, Saqsayhuaman, which is where the Incas worshiped lighting. Our service ends at Saqsayhuaman so you can take as much time as you want at this extensive and most spectacular site.
What is Included:
- Transport to the Ranch from SAS Office
- Horse with basic equipment
- "Horse Man" (non english speaking) to lead you at walking pace.
What is not Included:
- Entrance fee to Tambomachay, Saqsawaman, Qenqo and Puca pucara 70 Soles (Partial Tourist Ticket -Boleto Turistico) 40 Soles with ISIC student card. OR Cusco Tourist Ticket (130 soles approx US$45, valid for 14 places included the Sacred Valley of the Incas.)
- Transport return back to town ( Direct 15 .20 mimnutes walk down to town) Taxi for 10 Soles.
We recommend that you bring:
- Small daypack
- Water bottle
- Sun hat/cream
- Boots or Sturdy walking shoes
- Pants are recommended not shorts
- Rain poncho in case wether are cloudy.
- This is a Cross Country ride, which has a small segment of local road.
- If you are interested in entering the ruins than it is recommended that you buy a tourist ticket (130 soles adults, 70 w/ ISIC which is valid for 10 and 16 sites or 70 soles for a partial ticket which will take you to these specific sites only, and is only valid for 1 day).
- The walk from the ranch down to Cusco is appoximately 25 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Often people ask what is the recomended tip for the horseman. This is a lovely gesture but the amount suggested here of 3-8 soles is indeed only a suggestion. It depends on how many people are in the group as it is more the total we are working on. If there are 3 people in the group and each give 5 soles this is a total of 15 soles and the horseman will be happy. Some people find their "horseman"
- HOW TO BOOK.-: Choose on the Calendar the date of your preference, fill out with your personal details, then below fill out details of your group in Traveling with:once you have finalized you will receive an email with a Reservation Code (Purchase number) to pay a booking deposit with or full cost of the tour adding extra 5% card fee on Step 3 . (If you would like to pay your booking deposit individually, then you must book each of you separatelly.)
- Please write us name and address of your hotel for your pick-up at 08:30 am.